As a therapist, I have witnessed individuals equate a broken past to a broken and hopeless future. Unfortunately, a broken past can leave us chained to negative messages that enslave the mind and soul.
Learn to Release
I work with women to help them learn how to quiet negative, damaging voices and replace them with the voice of hope and encouragement.
Within this area of counseling, I’ve helped women to be released from destructive habits and issues like:
- Depression and anxiety
- Unresolved issues from childhood (verbal, physical, and sexual abuse)
- Binge eating and eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia
- Co-dependency issues
- Self-esteem and self-worth issues
In addition to these focuses, I also provide addiction mentoring and counsel navigating relationships, including how to set boundaries in relationships.
I also work with victims of trauma, seeking to understand both the traumatic event and what the event means to the victims. Trauma survivors may use addictive behaviors as a direct result of abuse.
These addictive behaviors may manifest as:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Sex and love addiction
- Codependency/relationship addiction
- Self-harm such as cutting
- Excessive shopping
- Excessive internet use
- Addiction to chaos
I define addiction as the abuse of any activity or substance that enables one to numb themselves from their feelings or surroundings. We can be addicted to people and even maladaptive behaviors.
Marriage and Family
Lastly, I work to strengthen marriages and families. I’m passionate about this area of counseling because family is the frame through which we see the world, our greatest love, and where we build our dreams and lay our hopes.
In the family context, I work with individuals needing help to:
- Resolve conflict
I also provide counsel to individuals needing addiction support, divorce support, and counsel with blending families.
In the context of marriage, I provide:
- Emotionally-focused counseling
- Addiction support and education
- Support in redesigning communication patterns
- Pre-marital counseling
- Counsel in supporting a spouse that is healing from a traumatic past
- Support of parents having a child with developmental disabilities